Friday, May 30, 2014

What's on my loom, and what's in the kitchen?

On the loom

I'm taking a rigid heddle weaving class; last week we learned about weft faced weaves and were assigned to do something like coasters.  Well this is like one big coaster except its 10 1/2 inches wide and about 15 inches long so far; I plan on weaving until sometime on Sunday when I'll take it off the loom and rewarp for this weeks assignment. I think it may turn into a bag, in which case I'll like do the rest of it a little plainer.

Mom had a drawer of leftover needlepoint yarn which I could not bring myself to throw away. I've already made a needlepoint cushion cover from leftover and will save the bigger chunks for when I decide that needlepoint in my thing, but I'm feeling good about playing with all the leftover browns and greens in this format.

Warp is some really ugly bright pink crochet cotton, 10 EPI. Weft is a variety of needlepoint yarn from years of projects, which used to take up two grocery bags in the back of my closet. I think I should be able to bring myself down to one by the end of the weaving!  


Color is way off; my phone camera seems to be removing a lot of yellow. It's actually really pretty.

In the Kitchen

RutRoh, the freezer is almost empty and DH is looking at the stack of empty pyrex with deep regret. Instead of letting him take me out tomorrow night, I'll be doing two different bean preparations from Mark Miller's Coyote Pantry and then will do a taste test. Not sure what to throw on the grill to go with the beans. It'll be good.

And finally, June's cookbook will be the Commander's Palace cookbook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment