Saturday, November 7, 2015

Progress!!!

What's new on the fiber front this week?  I finished my class sampler, and took it off the loom.....

Now I'm warping up with silk I dyed in Kris Abshire's class at CNCH last year. It was a bit of a hassle as the silk was sticking to itself but I finally got it untangled and wound on; I should finish warping and start weaving on it by Tuesday! The weft is a handdyed but pretty much solid green similar to what you can see here...

The mermaid scarf....  At first I figured maybe I'd get a small piece done and call it quits, but turns out if you pick up the threads without following a pattern it's actually fun. But it's roughly 20 picks per inch, and every other pick is picked up by hand... very slow going.










And finally finished my hitofude and got up the nerve to block it... it's quite a bit longer than other versions... My knitting group limited the length.









No comments:

Post a Comment