Friday, November 13, 2015

No pics, not a big progress week but lots of thinking.

I'm ready to start weaving on that silk; I'm tied on, wove my header, added floating selvedges... I'll head up on Monday to start the weaving!!!

Meanwhile, just got these from our trip to Ireland, aren't they amazing? They're looking for a wall, but meanwhile cradled in some yarn that I dyed, and some malabrigo.

I had lunch with K yesterday and chatted over two project ideas, and about color. Its always inspiring for me to spend time with her, she's feisty and won't back down from something challenging. Anyways, Interweave knits had a lovely article on color, particularly for stranded knitting but it also applies to weaving; in a nutshell its a way to pick a color pallette that gives you the overall look you want. 

We're looking at doing a woven poncho or ruana (I'll use the yarn cradling the sheep) and a knitted cape.

Both of us think a longer cape will be better for our age and figure... If we do that, we'll need armholes, otherwise its more of a straight jacket, no? Then we had a harrowing chat about front bands, seeking, and general design. I'm still mulling this over.

Based on our conversation, I tried to use iweaveit (awesome product!!!!) To map out 180-200 warp threads, but failed.  I need to play with the some more, but luckily I have time, with the mermaid scarf hogging my loom!!!

In the kitchen? With DH out of town, not much. I did buy a bunch of the vegetables at the farmers market  and am making chickpea vegetable curry soup from it. Also the word to brown spotted bananas that I couldn't see go to waste so they're turning into coconut brown butter banana bread with rum for J. Sadly, I forgot to set the timer on the oven and I'm not sure if they're over cooked or not.

Monday and Tuesday I'll be in the weaving room at school and will take a picture of the project for you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment