Saturday, August 3, 2013

Wild BBQ weekend, and Cormo

I didn't write about bbq weekend last week. I picked up Saveur Magazines summer bbq issue and made Cambodian style ribs on Saturday and some Beijing style grilled chicken and green onions on Sunday.

The first dilemma was what to do wtih Scott's ex-girlfriend and her husband who dropped in from out of the blue? Turned out they already had dinner plans so the right answer was beer and beer snacks in the gazebo.

Second dilemma was, what wine? Generally when I don't have anything in mind I go with something from the region the food is from.  Asian food is hard that way. I tried a dry Austrian Riesling  (2011 Nigl) which turned out to be a perfect pairing.

The green onions with Sunday's chicken were grouped five to a skewer, skewered in two places, then basted with yummyness during cooking. I'm keeping that recipe. Sorry, no pix again.

What I do have is a picture of is the cormo I've washed, carded, and spun. Wow, I'm a total processed wool girl. Carding is a pain. Anyways, between the carding and my rusty woolen draw, I have about 150 yds of worsted weight 2 play wool destined to be woven into a seat for my spinning stool. Or I had it until it was taken from me. Mr. I'm Too Good To Be Seen In Your Company apparently likes cormo.

No comments:

Post a Comment